Your privacy is important to Association of Southern African Indexers and Bibliographers (hereafter ASAIB). This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that ASAIB collects, and the ways in which ASAIB uses that personal information.
Personal information collection ASAIB may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your use of this website ;
- information that you provide used for the purpose of registering with the website;
- information about transactions carried out over this website;
- any other information that you send to ASAIB.
Using personal information ASAIB may use your personal information to:
- administer this website;
- personalize the website for you;
- enable your access to and use of the website services;
- send to you products that you purchase;
- supply to you services that you purchase;
- send you statements and invoices;
- collect payments from you; and
- send you marketing communications.
ASAIB will not provide your information to any third parties without your consent.
POPIA (South Africa)
This website complies with the Protection of Personal Information Act of South Africa. Specifically:-
- Information provided by users of this website, and publicly published is done by the the user, thus providing consent. Upon registration, you have the option to keep your information private. Should you not do so, you have provided consent to publish your provided information.
- Certain information is automatically kept private upon registration.
- Information required is within Processing Limitations
- Information required is Purpose Specific
- Security safe guards are in place, including only encrypted access to this website. ASAIB relies on the Internet Service Provider to provide security on the servers hosting this website.
Please contact the webmaster at the email address below should you have any questions or concerns.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, ASAIB may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Securing your data
ASAIB will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. ASAIB will store all the personal information you provide on its secure servers.
Updating this statement
This website contains links to other websites. ASAIB is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
This privacy statement is based on a precedent created by employmentlawcontracts.co.uk and published by freenetlaw.com.